Private practice can sometimes feel isolating. SWBHIPA creates opportunities for members to network and build a community of quality behavioral health providers.
SWBHIPA members support each other and offer opportunities for optimal treatment for our clients; helping each other navigate issues impairing behavioral health practices.
SWBHIPA assists with referrals and partners with medical groups to expedite the healing process for our patients’ needs.
SWBHIPA attends the quarterly NM Board of Examiners meetings. Their role is to protect the consumers and share mutual issues of concern, so we can work together to provide quality care for our clients and inform providers of licensing changes.
SWBHIPA also networks within the community by coordinating efforts with other behavioral health organizations, governmental agencies and other public forums for behavioral health services, advocating for legislative policies and procedures.
Whether you are new and beginning your own practice or seasoned and wanting support, SWBHIPA is here to help. Helping you, the therapist, help individuals resolve mental health issues is the reason we do what we do. Contact us today and SWBHIPA can help you to make New Mexico a great place for mental health.
* Networking includes membership meetings twice annually
* Board of Director’s meetings held monthly. These can be attended in person or via the Internet/Zoom
* Committee meetings regarding special projects
* Regular website updates on current events and information sharing
* Referrals through website search tool and web based Google group referrals
* Newsletter, sent bi-monthly and Current events posted on website
* Continuing Education Units offered